I can’t remember the logo of the most popular IRC client to ever had an upgrade or restyling. It happened now however, not a radical change, but one into an extra dimension making it 3D.
In 3D with a few gradients it got itself an update. The program itself also got an update to version 6.31. “For scripters, we hope you like the changes to the script editor. The interface has been improved, it is now cleaner and easier to read, we added Check Bracket/Sort Variables items to Edit menu, line numbers to the margin, and enter/home key indentation support. The editor also no longer flickers when resized”, the website reports. Speaking of, the website got an overhaul as well and matches the new design.
Other changes listed:
* A “Hide tips when locked” option to the lock dialog,
* An SSL option to automatically accept invalid certificates,
* Tips now shade each alternate message that is added to an existing tip to make it easier to distinguish individual messages,
* When bars are locked the drag bars are now hidden from view,
* Changed behaviour of “Hide minimized desktop windows” option so that query, message, and chat windows remain visible when they are first opened minimized on the desktop.
You can download mIRC here.