IRC-Junkie.org – IRC News

All about Internet Relay Chat

Hi, my name is…

..phrozen77 and i am the new operator of this fine website.

First of, i want to thank Asmo for doing such a great job with it for oh so long, thank you and kudos for keeping up with it.

I hope i can keep the site up-to-date with interesting articles and tidbits from the big world of IRC just as he did.

He set pretty high standarts the last few years so i really hope i can fulfill the expectations of our loyal readers ;)

All the best wishes to Asmo and his family, i hope to still see you around here!

Category: Site News
Tag:
  • Asmo says:

I’m sure th site is in good hands phrozen77. And I know you have some knowledgeable people around you that you can turn to as well. Of course I’ll try to help you out when/if I can and my son allows ;)

October 29, 2008 at 2:04 pm
  • idan says:

nice to hear!
    i haven’t been here for a while, only because IRC is pretty dead to me.

But i’ll visit back from time to time.

best of luck,
    Idan

October 29, 2008 at 2:05 pm
  • Chain says:

October 29, 2008 at 2:05 pm
  • Chain says:

[quote comment="153"]Well I know your new and all but you missd the most important news in the IRC world which is the new release of khalds new version 6.34….!!! well i wish you the best of luck on the new ownership![/quote]

Thanks for the tip Chain :)
    Will add the news in a few.

October 29, 2008 at 2:05 pm
  • idan says:

hint: bash.org is down for a while for me. is it down for you too?

October 29, 2008 at 2:06 pm
  • doug says:

what happened to setting ‘pretty high standards’ for yourself?

way to get your links pulled from just about everywhere

October 29, 2008 at 2:06 pm
  • Asmo says:

doug, give the guy a break! IMO phrozen77 is a honest guy with a heart for IRC. Its all a hobby, we never had a journalism background. I’m sure phrozen77 will make some mistakes, just like I did. I’ve always been straight and honest about it though. And allowing users to make comments is a very simple but very effective way to keep learning what the community expects to see.

If something goes wrong, or lacks quality or anything else, just tell him. Criticism is OK, as long as its meant to help someone improve himself. If you just want to bitch it wont help anyone, including yourself.

October 29, 2008 at 2:07 pm