Just a little more than 2 weeks after the last update there already is another update for XChat on Windows, now being available as version 2.8.7e.
The changelog is short but includes a couple of crash-fixes, so the upgrade might be worth it.
- Fixed a rare Auto-Nick-Completion (non-TAB key) crash.
- Fixed a possible crash if you clicked “Add to favourites” in the main text area, while the server-list window was open in the background.
- The setting added in the previous version: “/set -or gui_tweaks 64 will now turn OFF user list icons.” will now properly remove the prefix character from the right-click menu.
- Added -on and -off parameters to the /SET command. This can be used to set bits, for example gui_tweaks.
- /set -or gui_tweaks 128 will now turn OFF the text attribute button.
In the announcement posting in the forums the author claims “The automated crash reporting feature is showing that it’s getting very stable indeed. Many days go by without a single report, yet hundreds or thousands of copies are downloaded each day. I’m tipping this release to be the most solid yet.”
The new version can be obtained here.