lightIRC, the “fast, free, flash-based IRC client written in ActionScript 3″ just released version 0.9.6 of their embeddable webchat.
Quoting their webpage, “lightIRC supports channels, queries, a lot of IRC commands, some CTCP commands and is much customizable through StyleSheets” and also has “multi language support” as well as a “nice GUI to set kicks, bans and channel modes”.
Since this version, lightIRC got a webcam feature which uses the Red5 streaming server as its backend, though thats currently only available on their IRCd – but you can contact the author if “you are interested in purchasing the webcam extension for your IRC network”.
The complete changelog reads as follows:
- Added buttons and icons for a better user experience. If you do not like it, the old lightIRC GUI can be restored with showNavigationBar = “no” and showActionsButton = “yes”
- Right-click menu for the user list offers features to ignore/kick/ban/op/query users with one click
- The commands /ignore nick, /unignore nick, /ignores make you able to mute people
- Added translations for Dutch (nl), Swedish (se), Finnish (fi), Romanian (ro), Estonian (ee), Serbian Cyrillic (sr_cyr) and Serbian Latin (sr_lat)
- Clicking a nickname in the chat area selects that user in the user list
- Commands can be put into the parameter “perform” and will be executed on connect. Example: “/mode nick +x,/msg nick2 hello”
- User list does not scroll to top anymore if a user joins or parts
- Refactored user list sorting algorithm again (much faster in channels with many users and lots of joins/parts)
- User list in channels is now draggable and can therefore be resized. Initial width can be set through userListWidth to any value >= 130 or 0 to hide the user list completely
- Font color resets automatically to default if +c is set in a channel
- Parameter “fontSize” lets you adjust how large fonts in text input and chat area should be displayed. It defaults to 12px
- Changed the parameter infoLineColorCode to infoLineColor that takes now RGB values: default is #fc7f00
- New sound for message alert
- Parameter “doubleClickForQuery” (default: “no”) disables the user central and opens a query upon doubleclicking a nickname
- Fix: Topic overflows the available space
- Fix: When using /msg #channel or /msg nick the message will not be displayed to the chat area
You can find the download here.