[Update] Version 1.0.5 has been released for a important fix regarding a crashbug in the /invite command!
esphyb, an IRCd forked from IRCd-Hybrid that is developed and used on EsperNet, is now available as version 1.0.4.
The features that have been introduced in their custom version include:
- Colorless channels (+c/+C), oper-only channels (+O), identified-user channels (+R, +M)
- Smarter CAPTURE/UNCAPTURE (aliased to HURT/HEAL)
- Configuration-driven “services” aliases, like /NickServ and /NS
- SVSMODE for usermodes +a and +r
- SVSNICK for “services”-driven nick changes
- WEBIRC support for web-to-IRC gateways like CGI:IRC and Mibbit
- OPME and OJOIN for emergency channel management
as well as “SSL support, longer ban/exception/invite lists, longer channel names, IPv6 support and CallerID/server-side ignore”.
The changes from the previous version, 1.0.2, are the following:
- BUGFIX: /invite no longer allows users to invite banned users.
- BUGFIX: bump HOSTLEN to 255 per RFC1123
- BUGFIX: hide hidden servers from /links, /map, and /who for non-operators
- BUGFIX: Fix IP-based WEBIRC bans
- FEATURE: Filter out part messages with colors or control characters from +c/+C channels
- FEATURE: Add SSL-only channels (cmode +z, also includes umode +z)
- FEATURE: Notice channel operators on /invite
- PLATFORM: Fix build on x86-64 Linux
- HELP SYSTEM: Updates for new usermodes and various corrections
The IRCd can be downloaded from here.