Anope has officially released v1.9.6 as of Feb. 3rd, 2012. This release has some major changes. Not only adds and fixes but some interior changes as well.
As of 1.9.6, Anope has changed some of the configuration, so it is recommended that users upgrading should start with a fresh configuration file.
There is also a new database format, so therefore the old db_plain has now been depreciated. It is recommended that users upgrading should read the example configuration on how to upgrade your databases.
Users using MySQL with previous versions will need to export their databases to flatfile first before importing into 1.9.6.
There have been some significant changes in this version, they are as followed:
- Added ability to configure emails sent by services
- Added chanserv/up and chanserv/down
- Added m_proxyscan
- Added more configurability for what vhosts are valid
- Added chanserv/log
- Added ability to configure ChanServ privileges
- Added a new database format
- Added SQLite support
- Added more verbose messages on start up
- Added ability for chanserv/suspend and nickserv/suspend to take an expiry time
- Added no nickname ownership config option
- Added m_rewrite
- Added akill IDs
- Fixed crash in clearusers
- Fixed crash in /os oper info
- Fixed eventfd Config check to work properly on OpenVZ