Version 6.32 of probably the most popular IRC client have been released yesterday.
“This version of mIRC builds on recent releases by focusing on stability and reliability and addressing the various issues that have been reported by users since the last release. It includes cosmetic changes to the interface, fixes, optimizations, and improvements to the scripting language,” the mIRC website reports.
Some of the major changes include longer nicknames, channel names and messages as well as longer variables in scripting. Other changes include:
* Added support for network-specific window position saving.
* Fixed mouse wheel handling of scrolling with high resolution mice.
* A “Check for Updates” option has been added to the mIRC Help menu to automatically check for new versions of mIRC.
* Optimized INI file handling to only update those parts of a file that have changed. This decreases file writes and speeds up a number of features in mIRC, including USB drive usage.
* Improved display speed of text in all windows.
* Fixed multi-byte text-wrapping display issues.
* Fixed and optimized a number of @window display features, including the way tabstops are handled.
* Improved unicode support in the $mp3() identifier.
“In total there have been over 50 changes to this version and although most of them are only small fixes and tweaks, we hope that they result in a more useful and stable mIRC for you.”